Montessori Enterprises is compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and relies on legitimate interests as our lawful basis.
Our legitimate interests are:
- to process our customers' data in order to fulfil and deliver their orders in a timely manner
- to do marketing of our goods to our customers in order to update them on new products, special offers or other information, which we think they may find beneficial, and to increase our sales (applicable to those customers who choose to opt-in and current business contacts)
Montessori Enterprises is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Montessori Enterprises may update this policy at any time in order to improve our customer experience or to comply with changes in the law. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy was last updated on the 23rd of May 2018.
What data we process and collect:
We may collect the following information:
- Your name
- Your contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests or other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- We collect your IP address, what kind of browser you are using and what you do on our website
- We do not process or retain your full payment card information - it is all dealt with by our payment processor, although we retain some of it (expiry date, the last 4 digits of your card, card type, billing address and the payer's name)
What do we do with the information we gather?
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or post. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling you personal data
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you have the right to opt-out by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time.
You have the right to see a copy of all the data we hold about you according to the GDPR rules.
You have the right to ask us to delete all the data we hold about you or stop processing it.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible at the above email address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner's Office - the government agency that handles data protection in the UK. You can reach them at their website: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/